Benefits of an Auction
“We are now believers, David. When you told us the reason to have a live auction is to have a fund need, there were detractors. Putting our trust in you, we raised over 25,000 with your well-executed “Raise The Paddle For Scholarship” portion of our auction. One of the detractors had tears in their eyes” ~ Matthew – Fund Development Chair
- Your auction is a simple way of improving your fundraising efforts. The “proof’s in the pudding.” A fundraising event with a live auction will typically generate the most income from it’s auction.
- Your auction can be the most fun part of the event. Save money on the DJ or the band. We are the entertainment.
- Your auction will help build a long lasting relationship with your community. It can celebrate your accomplishments while building the future of your organization.
- Your auction can provide high visibility as its signature event. You can solidify your mission statement, gain notoriety and benefit your cause.
- Your live auction is the easiest way to exceed your fundraising goals.
Back to Top
Why Choose David Sobon Auctions?
“David is an exceptional auctioneer. He always rouses the crowd with great enthusiasm. Once again he exceeded our expectations!” ~ B. Allen – E. G. Community Food Bank
- We are experts in the art of fundraising We are non-profit specialists. We know the ins and outs of benefit auctioneering. We don’t auction cattle, cars, real estate or antiques. We are focused and committed to being the best in the industry and helping your team excel.
- We take the time to understand your goals Truly understanding your mission is the key. It’s all about engaging with your audience, your board & your staff. “Understanding The Cause” will have us involved passionately. Your guests will know we care, because we do!
- We are committed to our industry A Benefit Auction Specialist has the training and the superior skills like no other auctioneer. We are committed to our profession. Founder David Sobon is a member of the National Auctioneers Association (NAA) and teaches other fundraising professionals and auctioneers how to perfect their craft.
- We are experienced With hundreds of successful events under our belt, our reputation is impeccable. We have been perfecting our craft for over a decade. You can count on us for proven results.
- We are professionals As professionals we always act with dignity and respect for our clients. We refrain from drinking. We always arrive early. We treat everyone with the courtesy and respect that they deserve. We always dress to impress.
- We believe image is everything Any person that speaks at your event is a representative of your organization. What sort of image do you want your benefit auctioneer to project about your cause? Most would opt for a polished, friendly and compassionate persona.
- We are flexible We understand that no two events are the same. There are many different sizes, themes and budgets. We can help your organization fundraising goals grow and we will grow with you.
- We have new ideas that are proven One advantage of working with hundreds of different organizations is the ideas that are created together. Sharing ideas and experiences means you don’t have to reinvent the wheel every time. From event extras to unlimited acquisition ideas, we are literally full of it.
- We are customer focused When you need answers, you get them. Whether your questions are via email, text or phone, we make a point of responding quickly. We are easy to work with. We are flexible and will help with all of your concerns.
- We understand your challenges We take the stress out of your event. We have just about seen it all. Careful planning is the key. We are great at trouble-shooting calmly, under any circumstance. With our team you will have the confidence of knowing you will always have someone with your best interests in mind.
- We are fun! It’s contagious! When your guests experience the passion we have and the energy we exude, their wallets will open up. They will be happy they spent their time with you, because they had a blast.
Back to Top
Our Auction System
“You most certainly have a gift for auctioneering with abilities I have yet to see in anyone else. I think you have great things to bring to the world of fundraising. I am a big fan of yours and would be happy the invite you back to our next benefit auction” ~ Linda – Event Planner
- Review previous year’s event and evaluate the data.
- Establish fundraising goals and timeline.
- Develop a plan to meet or exceed those goals.
- Present the plan to their staff, committee and board to get their enthusiastic participation.
- Work with committee to develop the best procedures for their event.
- Develop the perfect acquisitions hit list for your event and have a rally with your committee.
- Share our secrets on the sure-fire way to ask for and receive the best items for your auction.
- Auction extras are the key to additional event revenue.
- Advise on the best marketing procedures for the event.
- Develop the best audience for your auction by learning the secrets of getting the money into the room.
- Establish guidelines for the technical stuff; sound system, lighting, space planning and Power Point Presentation.
- Provide auction catalog template with auction rules.
- Share auction forms that increases your return on investment.
- Establish Volunteer Coordinator’s job description for the event staff.
- Review procedures and forms for the event day.
- Personally engage with your important donors.
- Best auction practices; bid cards, bid forms, check in and pick up.
- Volunteer training that includes bid spotters, runners, bid recorders and auction staff.
- Entertain your audience, recognize your bidders and respectfully “Don’t leave any money in the room”.
Back to Top
How to Prepare for an Auction
“The hard work and dedication from David was amazing” ~ Kylie – E.D. Children’s Charity
- Plan early. Start 9 to 12 months in advance for a lot less stress.
- Have fun! It’s contagious and flows all the way to the day of the event. If volunteers are important to the success of your event they have to see fun at the top.
- The 2 most important professionals that will make or break your event are your soundman (not a DJ) and your auctioneer, not a celebrity.
- A well-designed, printed catalog speaks volumes about your organization.
- Bidder number and paddles are the essential tool for tracking silent and live auction bids. Numbers must be large enough to see at a distance and assigned to every audience member.
- Sound System – Budget for it, we can help. If your guests can’t comfortably hear every word, we can’t get every dollar.
- Energetic Bid Spotters – you provide them, we train them. We don’t miss a thing.
- Bid Recorders – They should be 2 of your most competent volunteers, who are not drinking. So again we don’t miss a thing.
- Event Registration and Pick Up – We will show you the most efficient, painless, and stress-free system.
- Thank your donors.
- Wrap up meeting after the event. What worked, what needs improvement, and how we need to raise our fundraising goals next year.
Back to Top